August 3, 2010

Monthly Favourites - July 2010

Does anyone else feel like this year is going by unusually fast?

I certainly do.

Anyways, here are my favourites from the month of July:


1. The Body Shop Cucumber Cleansing Milk
I purchased this product during The Body Shop's 2 for $10 promotion. However, I wasn't sure if I was going to like it so I foolishly only bought one. Regardless, I would gladly repurchase this at full price ($8.99 CAD for 250 mL = awesome deal!). It's so refreshing, especially on warmer days and cleans skin gently but effectively.

2. The Body Shop New Facial Buffer
Such a wonderful little product! It's gentle enough for daily exfoliation (I use it every morning), yet effective enough to keep my skin looking radiant and supple. Take note: the dye from the label does seep into the buffer so you will have to repurchase every so often. I've been using this for a little over a month and it's already looking a little dirty. Although I think the way it's stored while drying makes a big difference, i.e. don't hang it vertically so the dye won't seep downwards. Click here to read a more in-depth review.

3. Boots Original Beauty Formula Cleansing Milk
A simple cleanser that removes face (not eye) makeup effectively without causing a reaction to my sensitive skin. Click here to read a more in-depth review.

4. Korres Wild Rose 24-Hour Moisturizer
My skin-saver! It cleared up my dry patches in around 3 days and relieved the sensitivity in about a week. It smells wonderful and has given me my old skin back. Click here to read a more in-depth review.


1. Sleek MakeUP I-Divine Eyeshadow Palettes
Wonderfully pigmented, great texture, awesome selection of colours, easily blendable; and all in a small, lightweight case. After having experienced the Sleek Palettes, I honestly can't see myself splurging on eyeshadows anymore. Click here to read a more in-depth review.

2. MAC In The Groove Mineralize Skinfinishes
I purchased By Candlelight and Petticoat (and missed out on Stereo Rose, dagnabbit!) when MAC released the In The Groove collection and I can finally see what the big deal is with these MSF's (<-- that's me dropping abbreviations, yo!). They are so ridiculously gorgeous and gives you a wonderful healthy glow. I foresee another obsession joining the blush & lip product club! Click here to see more product photos.

3. MAC Vegas Volt Lipstick
Gorgeous texture, gorgeous shade, perfect for summer! I love using this lipstick when I've gone neutral everywhere else. It adds just enough oomph to a look without looking like costume makeup. It is absolutely my favourite lipstick at the moment!

4. Viktor & Rolph Flowerbomb Eau de Parfum
Oh my goodness, do I ever love this scent! It's feminine but musky, a winning combination for me as I find the more feminine scents to be too cloying. I like my scents strong; scents that are more woman, less girl. It's such a sexy scent and the bottle is divine! I'm in love!

5. Laura Mercier Mineral Powder SPF 15
I purchased this product after giving up on Bare Minerals foundation. I was dealing with The Meltdown at the time and had a ridiculous amount of dry patches all over my face. But, I didn't want to wear liquid foundation all the time as I was dealing with major sensitivity as well (my face was very itchy and stung whenever any moisture touched it). So I purchased this and what a Godsend! It didn't attach itself to my dry flaked (as powder products are wont to do) and has the most amazing creamy texture when applied. I'm serious, it feels gorgeous on the skin! Also, it has fantastic coverage, I barely even needed to conceal my blemishes (and I had many). Dare I say, this possibly HG material for me? Yes, I do dare!



Those are my July Favourites, what are yours?



5 comments:

  1. After reading your favourites I definately need The Body Shop Facial Buffer and the Cleansing Milk.

    Really love everything from the Boots Orginal range it's all so gentle on the skin & if the Cleansing Milk is anything like the toner and cold cream I am sure to love it.
    Was actually going to include the Boots Orginal Cold Cream in my July Favourites but decided I had to many other favourites so will just have to do a review of it this week.

    Also will have to go sniff out Flowerbomb!

    Great favourites.

    Fee x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Vegas Volt too - such a bright and punchy colour!

    My #1 July pic is the Urban Decay Naked palette, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @fee - definitely try the body shop products, i really like them! and flowerbomb is gorgeous, i think you'll love it. can't wait to see your july faves!

    @alison - omg, i can't wait to get my hands on one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Vegas Volt is amazing! What color undertones do you think it has?
    And as for MSF's, do you have to have pretty perfect skin to wear them? Meaning do they have a lot of shimmer?
    I love your blog! I did a Mac post recently, check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Under the Fluorescents - vegas volt leans more towards warm. if you want something cooler, try costa chic by mac. regarding MSF's... how do i say this? it's not outright shimmery but it does give you a glow. some MSF's highlight blemishes/imperfections more than others so your best bet would be to try them out. that being said, my skin is far from perfect, but i can still wear them :). hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails