October 26, 2010

Call It Beauty Does Halloween - Born In The 80's



Ahh, the 80s, with your big hair and garish makeup. Despite being supremely thankful I didn't have to go through my teens in the 80s, I must say I have a soft spot for that decade. So here's my take on the 80s look.

Products Used:
Revlon PhotoReady Foundation - Shell
bareMinerals Foundation - Light
MAC Studio Finish Concealer - NW25
MAC Paint Pot - Soft Ochre
Annabelle Cosmetics Mono Eyeshadow - Revolver
Sleek MakeUP i-Divine Palette (Circus) - Purple, Pink & Matte Black
Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes! Mascara - Black
MAC Blush Ombre - Vintage Grape
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish - Petticoat
Sephora Eye Shadow - Aspen Summit No23
Revlon Colorburst Lipstick - Fuchsia



Since I was in an experimental mood, I decided to mix some mineral powder (bareMinerals - Light) and liquid foundation (Revlon PhotoReady - Shell) together to get a better shade match for my skin (Shell is too light). I just mixed them together on the back of my hand and applied the foundation to my face with a Sigma F60 Foundation Brush.



For the eyes, I started off by applying Soft Ochre Paint Pot all over the lid. Then, I applied Annabelle Cosmetics' Revolver eyeshadow on the lid up to the crease and flicking out the outer edge.



Next, I applied a shimmery purple eyeshadow from Sleek MakeUP's Circus palette on top of Revolver. This eyeshadow starts a bit further in the inner corner than Revolver. Again, this eyeshadow flicks out in the outer corner.


Then, I applied the shimmery pink eyeshadow from Sleek's Circus palette from the inner corner up arching up to the brow bone, as seen in the photo above. Afterwards, I blended some Aspen Summit eyeshadow from Sephora to the brow bone to give a bit more shimmer to the eye. 



To finish up the eyes, I used some matte black eyeshadow to line the upper and lower lash lines, as well as the lower water line. After applying a few coats of mascara, the eyes were done.



For the cheeks, I first applied MAC's Blush Ombre in Vintage Grape very heavily to the back of the cheek. To add a bit of shimmer, I layered MAC's Petticoat MSF on top of Vintage Grape and applied Sephora's Aspen Summit eyeshadow to the cheek bone. The more garish, the better :p.



Lastly, I applied Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in Fuchsia straight from the tube. The 80s were about bright lipsticks, so this shade was absolutely perfect. 


And now for the finished look:







Hope you guys like this look!







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails