February 12, 2011

Call It Beauty's "Brands I Want To Try" List

I don't know about you, but when I'm broke, I think about all the lovely things I'd love to buy when I finally do have some cash to burn. So in the interest of further daydreaming about said lovely things, here are a few brands I'm thinking of trying out.



I became really interested in natural skincare products when I suffered through a pretty severe allergic reaction to Philosophy's products. As I continued to explore this new(ish) avenue, I came to the be interested in natural cosmetic products as well. Tarte is one of the brands that make all natural products. I've already tried (and loved) their Lights, Camera, Splashes! mascara and I can't wait to try others. 

Products (left - right):
EmphasEYES™High Definition Eye Pencil
EmphasEYES Aqua-Gel Eyeliner
EmphasEYES Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner
Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush
Cheek Stain



The first thing that captures my attention is, of course, theBalm's packaging. Very retro, very vintage; it's both cute and chic. I've heard amazing things about some of their products, so I'm definitely eager to try some out.

Products (left to right):
TimeBalm Concealer
Cabana Boy Blush
Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter
Bahama Mama Bronzer



The first time I heard of Make Up For Ever, I actually thought it was a low quality brand, kind of like play-makeup for children. I guess the "For Ever" part made me think of children (bff, yo!). I believe I actually asked if the brand was "for real." Yeah... Anyway, now I know better and I'm eager to try out their products. Especially since MUFE is such a favourite among makeup professionals and makeup enthusiasts alike.

Products (left to right, top to bottom):
Aqua Cream
HD Microfinish Powder
Diamond Powder
HD Invisible Cover Foundation
12 Flash Color Case
Smoky Lash Mascara



I first heard of Sugarpill through YouTube makeup tutorials and I was astounded by how pigmented the eyeshadows were. I know there's a time and a place for sheer colours, but for the most part, I'm all about highly pigmented shadows. I have a feeling Sugarpill won't disappoint. 

Products (left to right):
Pressed Eyeshadows
Loose Eyeshadows



Bourjoir Paris is a brand that I first noticed because of their cute "round pot" products. At first I thought I'd have to wait til I make my dream trek to London to try these out but they're apparently available in Canada (Shoppers Drug Mart), though I've not seen them yet. I definitely need to look harder :p.

Products (left to right):
Little Round Pot Blush
10 Hour Sleep Effect Foundation
Little Round Pot Eyeshadow



Best known for their Dazzle Dusts and Nail Paints, Barry M is definitely a brand I want to try. There's a Facebook campaign going on to get Barry M sold in Canadian drugstores and you can bet I "liked" that page :p. 

Products (left to right):
Nail Paint
Dazzle Dust
Lip Paint



Ridiculous product names aside, there's no denying that NARS makes good products. The packaging feels luxurious and the colours are gorgeous. However, I'm a "more for my money" type of girl so I always inwardly cringe when I look at the prices. Nevertheless, I definitely want to "invest" in some NARS, it's just a matter of figuring out which products to choose first.

Products (left to right):
Blush
The Multiple
Bronzing Powder
Sheer Glow Foundation
Eyeshadow Duo



Pixi is a fairly new discovery for me and I've been eager to try some of their products since I first heard of this brand. I know they're available at Target so I need to make a note to check it out when I'm there next.

Products (left to right):
Illuminating Tint & Conceal
Natural Mineral Kit
Lip Booster 







Any brands on your must-try list, lovelies?





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails