February 1, 2011

Monthly Favourites - January 2011


Apologies for the poor lighting, Vancouver doesn't get a lot of sun in the winter.

I haven't been wearing a lot of makeup this month so my favourites all revolve around skincare and makeup tools. Skincare is so important, especially in the winter when the harsher climates can really take a toll on the skin. I've really come to appreciate these products because they've kept my skin moisturized.


1. L'Occitane - Shea Foot Cream

Although it's slightly thinner in consistency than its counterpart, it still absorbs fairly quickly into the skin and leaves your feet feeling incredibly soft and smooth. If your feet have taken a beating, massaging this onto your feet will definitely relax you. 


2. L'Occitane - Shea Hand Cream

My new obsession! This hand cream is so good that I've actually become diligent in applying it every night. It absorbs quickly so none of that oily hands situation we sometimes find ourselves in in the quest for moisturized skin. This is absolutely, the most perfect hand cream I have ever tried!


3. L'Occitane - Shea Butter Ultra Rich Body Cream

Similar to The Body Shop's shea body butter only this is much richer. Like the other L'Occitane products in this list, it also absorbs quickly. So you get the ultra moisture but you don't have to stand around your room buck naked waiting for it to dry :p. Like the hand & foot products, it has a nice, light shea scent that I absolutely love. To read a more in-depth review of the L'Occitane products, click here.


4. Burt's Bees - Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream

Another lifesaver! My cuticles are looking pretty fab since I first started using this, if I do say so myself. Not only does it work well, it's also inexpensive at $7.99 CAD! The next time you're in your local drugstore, definitely pick this up! For more info and to read my review on this product, click here.


5. Sigma - E30 Pencil Brush
I've been really loving this brush at the moment. The E30, formerly known as the SS219, is perfect for blending out eyeliner or applying eyeshadow underneath the lower lash line. It's soft too, so it doesn't irritate the delicate eye area. 


6. Sigma - F50 Duo Fibre Brush
I've used this brush with every single foundation I own, even with powder formulas and I always get a flawless application every time. The F50 is said to be "specially designed to generate an 'airbrushed' finish," and while I've never seen my skin airbrushed, I'd say the finish I get with this brush is absolutely beautiful. I pour some foundation on the back of my hand, swirl the F50 through, dot it on my face, then buff away in circular motions to blend. The result? A gorgeous, flawless finish.


7. Josie Maran - 100% Organic Argan Oil 

This oil moisturizes so well; it's not at all greasy or oily and it keeps my skin feeling perfectly hydrated. You can apply it straight onto dry skin, but I find it absorbs better when your skin is slightly damp. The analogy is this: if you put some product onto a dry sponge and a wet sponge, the product will seep in more quickly and more deeply onto the wet sponge. The same applies to your skin. So when you're applying your serums or moisturizes, make sure your skin isn't completely dry.

Anyway, I love that this product is 100% natural, organic, and is cruelty free (as are all of Josie Maran's products). If you have dry skin and want to stick to natural skincare, then I highly recommend this product! To read a more in-depth review, click here






What are your January faves?






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails