May 2, 2011

Monthly Favourites - April 2011



Goodbye, April! Thank you for some pretty amazing weather and general good times. For some of you, you're looking forward to the warmer weather. Can't say I am since I'm a bit sensitive to heat, but I'm ready for the feeling of summer. You know, driving around with the music turned up high, summer sunsets, barbeques, et cetera.

Anyway, enough chit chat. Here are Call It Beauty's favourites for the month of April:


1. The Body Shop - Earth Lovers Shower Gel in Watermelon & Eucalyptus



A lovely scent, a great lather, and 100% biodegradable; I have used this shower gel the most this past April. It's sulphate, paraben, and colorant-free as well, so not only will you be helping the environment, but you'll smell good while doing it, too!

This shower gel comes in 5 other scent combinations if they are more to your liking. Or, you can purchase an unfragranced bottle and concoct your own blend. 


2. Revlon - Nail Polish in Tangerine & L'oréal - Nail Polish in Waters Edge



These nail polishes are gorgeous on their own but in April, I really took to combining them with other colours that are already in my arsenal (as you can see above). 

Unfortunately, the constant use of nail polish that month put my nails in rough shape, but I can't wait til I can don these colours again!


3. Sigma - F40 Large Angled Contour Brush


Whether applying contour or blush, this brush will do it perfectly for you. I love how soft it is and how wonderfully it blends whatever cheek product I may use. Since I've been really into blushes lately, the F40 has been my most reached for tool this month.


4. Cargo Cosmetics - Blush in Tonga


This blush is probably my favourite April purchase. It's such a gorgeous colour, the texture is amazing, and it blends so well into the skin. Because of it's neutral tones, it somehow acts as a contour as well which comes in handy when you want a bit more definition but don't really want to reach for another product. 

This blush really is amazing and since I've purchased it, I've been wearing it every time I wear makeup.


5. Clinique - Brush On Cream Liner in True Black



I purchased this product because Sam of Pixiwoo stated in one of her videos that the product doesn't dry out (unlike MAC Fluidlines). I've been using MAC Fluidline for some years and would continue to use it even though the products had dried out quite a bit because I hate wasting product. I figured if I bought this, I would eliminate that problem.

I have to say I really like the formula! It's applies smoothly and doesn't take much product to get an opaque line. Also, unlike my Fluidline, it doesn't migrate south as much throughout the day, which is always a bonus. I still get a bit of product down there, but nothing too obvious. It also applies and stays on the waterline better.

It comes with a brush, which is handy for traveling and touch ups, but the handle is so short, I find myself having a hard time controlling my application. But all in all, this is an amazing product by Clinique.






What are your favourites for the month of April?







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails