September 7, 2011

New Nude: MAC's Sheen Supreme Lipstick in Bare Again




I don't know what it is, but I got this sudden urge to pick up a nude lipstick. I only have two nudes, MAC Cherish (too brown) and MAC Jubilee (love, but too drying). Nudes and Reds are going to be two of my main lip shades in the Fall, I've decided, so I wanted to buy myself another nude that was going to be more hydrating than Jubilee.

I did my research, of course, and my choices were down to Clinique's Chubby Stick in Whole Lotta Honey and MAC Sheen Supreme Lipstick in Bare Again. Suffice it to say, the latter won :). 



From MAC: Combining the colour impact of a Lipstick with the shine sheen of a Lipglass, Sheen Supreme created the perfect hybrid - with no compromise. Lightweight, non-sticky, slick to apply and comfortable to wear. This is a must-have for all those who have craved this kind of fusion.

This lipstick is very creamy and applies with a lot of slip. Like MAC's blurb says, it has great pigmentation and a really nice, subtle sheen. I get an average wear time of around 2-3 hours, though I suspect that it would last a bit longer if I didn't have to eat or drink. I really like the texture, too. It's very creamy and feels really nice on the lips. It doesn't dry out my lips or the skin around my lips (which is a problem I've been having as of late), which I absolutely love, because it means I can wear this the whole day without having to switch to a lip balm halfway through. 





Lastly, the shade.  The shade! It is gorgeous <3. A lovely nude (described by MAC as a "pinky neutral beige") that is definitely an MLBB colour for me. It's pinker than Jubilee (my other MLBB), which I'm loving, and just makes my lips look really polished. Because it's such a natural shade for me, it fades naturally as well. We only know how horrible a faded red lip can look (especially if you're wearing lip liner), but nudes just fade away very subtly. I also find with Bare Again the sheen fades away before the actual colour does. And I would suggest not whacking on a lot of this because it tends to do a teeny bit of migration in lines. 


(please excuse the crappy iPhone photo)

I feel like I've finally found the first ever makeup product I will hit pan on. As you see from the photo above, I've worn the product down quite a bit already and I've only had it for 6 days. That is how creamy this lipstick is. 

I seriously am so in love with the formula and texture of these that even now as I type this, I'm thinking to myself that I need some more shades in my life (I will probably need another tube of Bare Again before I leave)... I will never get on that spending ban, will I? *sigh*

Why do I even bother? I'm a beauty blogger for pete's sake! :p






Are you a fan of MAC's Sheen Supreme Lipsticks?






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails