I first tried this face oil when Pure+simple included a sample with my package (I initially ordered their all natural sunscreen) and I loved it right away. I kept using it for a few weeks until I decided to purchase a full size bottle during their Midnight Madness sale. Here's what Pure+simple has to say about the product:
Rosehip oil contains 80% essential fatty acids (EFAs), predominantly linoleic (Omega 3) and linolenic (Omega 6) and is naturally enriched with antioxidants like beta-carotene and lycopene.
- Naturally contains Trans-Retinoic Acids that helps regenerate damaged skin tissue
- Helps to decrease and prevent hyperpigmentation, wrinkles and scars
- A perfect skin rehydrator that restores moisture balance
- Preventative Anti Aging
- Sensitive/dry skin
- Mature skin
- Sundamaged, hyperpigmented skin
Directions for uses:
- Use as a hot oil treatment for brittle, damaged hair or as a scalp treatment
- Use in place of a moisturizer day and/or night
- Use under your moisturizer for ultra hydration and/or to prevent/correct fine lines and pigmentation
This Organic Rosehip Facial Oil is fairly lightweight (much more than Josie Maran Argan Oil, which I also love), so it's been perfect for this transitioning period. I used to have a Summer moisturizer and a Winter moisturizer and would just put up with using one or the other during the Fall or Spring. But now I no longer have to do that, thanks to this facial oil.
It has a slight fishy scent; very slight, mind. It definitely has a very natural scent (which makes sense, considering it's an all natural product), which might be a problem for some people. As for me, I find the scent to be pretty mild and non-offensive.
After using it for a week or two, I definitely noticed that my skin looked more even. The pigmentation around my chin area (due to an uneven Summer tan) lessened somewhat (or at least it looked like it :p) and I would wake up with glowing, hydrated skin.
That's the best part, really: the feeling that my skin has what it needs, which is something that I've only experienced with a few other moisturizers. My skin feels like it should: healthy and hydrated. Plus, it's an all natural product, so I know that my skin is truly being nourished with products that won't harm me or the environment. Bonus points, yo!
Are you a fan of facial oils?