March 6, 2012

Kate Moss For Rimmel London: A Winning Combination




When I first saw that the Kate Moss Lasting Finish collection for Rimmel was available in Shoppers Drug Mart, I must've stood in front of the display for 20 minutes swatching and looking at reviews on my phone (ahh, technology!). Finally, I decided on two shades: 01 and 14, which I purchased at $6.99 each.

I love the matte black packaging - it's lightweight and the handwritten name adds a cute touch. I do wish the cap would close more securely, though. The cap doesn't snap close very well and feels quite loose; I imagine it would come off pretty easily if you throw it in your handbag, so be careful with that.

The first thing you will notice when applying this lipstick is the scent. It smells fairly strongly of bubblegum and you'll continue to smell it even while you're wearing it. If you're scent sensitive or have an aversion to bubblegum scents, make sure to get a whiff first before purchasing.




The Lasting Finish Lipsticks promise up to 8 hours of wear; which I cannot confirm, because as I have mentioned before, I like to eat :).  That said, it does adhere to the lips really well and I've noticed wear just on the inside of the lips after a light snack. Of course, when I ate a full meal, a touch up was needed; but I don't know of any lipsticks that don't require one after eating.

As the hours go by, I notice that it loses its sheen and starts to take on more of a matte finish, eventually looking more like a stain. Being a long lasting lipstick, it's not really moisturizing; but it's definitely not as drying as other lipsticks I have tried, which has been a pleasant surprise!




Shade 01 is a gorgeous cool-toned red and shade 14 is a lovely cool-toned nude. Its texture is not as thick as other lipsticks I own, but it's not exactly lightweight. Which means there's some feathering going down if I don't use a lip liner.

01 is so, sooo pretty and it's probably my favourite out of all the reds in my collection... Which makes it sound like I have a lot of reds, but I actually don't. Still, it's my fave! Now, perhaps I was having an off day, but I had a bit of a hard time applying this shade. With most lipsticks (even bold/bright shades), I can apply it straight from the tube; but I needed to use a lip brush for this one. Nevertheless, that little bit of effort is totally worth it because 01 is such a sexy shade and is a great pick me up for when you're having kind of a blah day. I even wore it yesterday just to go to the grocery store!

I've seen reviews of 14 on YouTube and it looks absolutely stunning on women with olive skintones. Unfortunately, mine just does not support this colour as well. It has a blue, slightly ashy tone to it, which kind of makes me look dead. And unless I'm trying to blend in with the Zombies in a Zombie Apocalypse, "dead" isn't really a look I try to go for... That said, I wonder how this would look on me when I have a tan?

I also swatched a number of other shades that this collection carries and I must say, I'm really impressed by the pigmentation! 01 and 14 apply opaque instantly, which I love! These lipsticks are not advertised as being limited edition, so I'm making the assumption that they really aren't. Which means that in around 4 months time, (or even 1 month, since April is birthday month), I shall be picking up some other shades; 05, 08 & 12 are the ones that have caught my eye. They're so gorgeous!





Have you tried any lipsticks from the Kate Moss collection?





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails