June 11, 2012

MAC Lip & Cheek Colours From The Casual Colour Collection - Review


Don't you just love when a new collection comes out and you know exactly which products (or in this case, which shades) you're going to get?

For MAC's new Casual Colour collection, that is exactly what happened. These two shades caught my eye and seeing it in person just cemented my decision. I was immediately sucked in by the idea of Lip & Cheek Colours (it's not an entirely new concept, but these are my first), so I'm really glad that I got my hands on these two shades, which retail for $24CAD each...






As you can see, the two shades I got are Weekend Getaway (a "cool rose") and Out For Fun (a "cool coral"). All the other shades looked too pale or too cool for my skin, which was the main factor for deciding to go with these two shades. Also, they are the colours that I would wear the most.

I love how pigmented these Lip & Cheek Colours are. They're easy to blend and while they feel quite tacky at first, it does settle into the skin. It doesn't settle completely, though. That won't be a problem for dry-skinned lovelies, but for those of you who have combo skin, you should definitely set it with some powder.

Still, even without using a setting powder, I was able to get a solid 9 hours of wear with some minor fading (though I found Weekend Getaway faded in a more uneven manner than Out For Fun). Pretty impressive for a cream product, considering my skin does get oily throughout the day. As for the lips, I find that they tend to accentuate any dryness, even when layered over lip balm. Though I found that if I really rub the product into my lips, it looks much better. And because it's quite pigmented, it doesn't take much to mask the colour of my lips. Huzzah!


Wearing Weekend Getaway on lips & cheeks

Wearing Out For Fun on lips & cheeks


*sigh*

Such pretty colours! 

I love how easy these Lip & Cheek Colours are to use! These babies are definitely going with me if when I go traveling. They would make touch-ups so convenient since the pots are so small (they are the same size as MAC's Tinted Lip Conditioners) and they act as both blush and lip colour. Which, let's face it, you can do with a lipstick. But for some reason, I feel more comfortable using a cream blush on the lips than I do using a lipstick on my cheeks. Please tell me I'm not the only one who feels this way!

Anyway... These Lip & Cheek Colours = LOVE! So easy apply, they look fantastic, they last on my skin for a good amount of time, and the colours are fab!





Are you a fan of lip & cheek products?





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails