June 13, 2012

(Not So) New Blush Love - Estée Lauder Pure Color Blush in Wild Sunset




So I've finally gotten around to writing a review about this product!

The Estée Lauder Pure Color Blushes have been out for a while now and I actually got this product while I was in New York in late March (read up on my trip here)(and now I've read up on it, too... I miss NYC so much!), but I didn't actually start using it until much later. Which makes no sense, coz it's so gorgeous.

Anyway, I finally decided to stop procrastinating because Wild Sunset deserves to be talked about....





Here's what Estée Lauder (and I) has (er... HAVE) to say about the Pure Color Blush:
  • Fresh, radiant colour lasts all day, won't streak or fade. (True. I wore this blush all day yesterday and it lasted me 14 1/2 hours. I could've probably tested it for longer, but I felt gross, so I washed my face. That said, I think that there was a teeny bit of... Not fading, per sé; it's like the colour softened throughout the day. It was still *very* visible, but not quite as vibrant as when I first applied. Still, I'm very impressed with how well it wore throughout the day, even after blotting!)
  • Ultra-silky powder sweeps on sheer for a natural glow. (True and False. It's definitely silky, but there's nothing sheer about this blush! In order to get the right amount of pigmentation, I had to merely tap the brush on the powder and I still had to tap off the excess on the back of my hand. This stuff is pigmented!)
  • Builds for contoured and sculpted definition with luminous optic technology. Exclusive contouring brush included. (Yes, this blush, despite already being pigmented, is also pretty buildable. The brush also comes in handy for touch-ups and is the best quality compact brush that I've tried so far.)
  • In two finishes, Satin and Shimmer. (Wild Sunset is classified as a Shimmer, but the shimmer is very, very subtle. In fact, it's so subtle, I can't actually visibly detect it, which is awesome! It still gives you a nice glow, but without any noticeable particles.)

I love this gorgeous red-coral shade! It takes more of a pink-coral tone when applied with a light hand, so I can wear my beloved MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner in Fuchsia Fix without the colours clashing. I used it on my friend Missy when I did my Evening Makeup Final exam a week ago and hot damn, it looks GOOD with a red lip...


Wearing Maybelline Color Sensational lipstick in Red Revolution on the lips...

A close up...

Doesn't it?!? I think it does...

I'm wearing the exact same lipstick I used on Missy in these photos; it compliments the blush very nicely and I was so happy with how the look turned out. I also wore this blush in the most recent Lipstick Bandits post, which you can see here.

The Pure Color Blushes retail for $32.00 CAD and it's well worth the price for the amazing pigmentation, gorgeous colours, and incredible wear. Go get one!





Have you tried the Pure Color Blushes?





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails