Anyway, without further ado... This is what Dani has in her makeup bag:
I guess one must start with the makeup bag, no? This cute little thing was a Winners purchase... For all you non-Canadian lovelies, Winners is our version of Ross (if you're in US) or TK Maxx (if you're in the UK).
It's a nice size and has a super cute print, so I've been quite happy with it... The reason I say "I've been" instead of "I am" is because I'm thinking of getting a larger makeup bag. It's kind of a challenge making everything fit in there -- it's almost like putting a puzzle together. ("Now, if I put this here and that over here, it should zip up!")
Then again, I'm not sure if it's a good idea to get a bigger makeup bag, because a bigger bag = more room, more room = "LET'S PUT ALL THE MAKEUPS IN TEH BAG!", "LET'S PUT ALL THE MAKEUPS IN TEH BAG!" = heavier purse, heavier purse = sore shoulder. And Dani does not need sore shoulders, yo!
On to the actual makeup!
I'm a Lipstick Bandit, so it's no surprise that I have this many lip products in my purse... Actually, this is probably pretty tame compared to a lot of other women. From left to right, they are:
1) L'oréal Crayon Petite Automatic Lip Liner in Clear Transparent - I love the idea of a clear lip liner because that means I don't need to have a lip liner to match every single lipstick I have. It works quite well for me, though I would like to try a clear lip liner from a higher price point. Any recommendations, lovelies?
2) Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Polish in Dolly - This is a mini version of the lipgloss, which I received as a 250 point perk from Sephora (along with 2 more mini lip products). It's a gorgeous shade, described by Buxom as a shimmering muted plum, but the cooling sensation is just too much! Seriously, I put the damn thing on and 10 minutes later, it was still tingling. I felt like I had ice cubes attached to my lips! I know Buxom says that the "tingling sensation reminds you it's working," but maybe it should say: "the tingling sensation reminds you that soon you will have no feeling left in your lips."
3) Bite Beauty Luminous Crème Lipstick in Mulberry - I've got a soft spot for this lippie because it was one of the first I ever featured on a Lipstick Bandits post. I'm a fan of Bite Beauty's products and this shade is just lovely.
4) Bite Beauty Luminous Crème Lipstick in Tannin - So, so, sooo pretty! I don't want to say too much because I have yet to review it properly (note to self: get on it, lazy bones!), but trust me when I say it's absolutely gorgeous!
5) MAC Cremesheen Glass in Galaxy Rose - This was a limited edition product released in MAC's Heavenly Creatures collection. I'm a fan of the Cremesheen Glass formula because it's comfortable to wear. I wouldn't call it non-sticky, but it's definitely much less sticky than MAC's other lipglass formulas. I love the shade, too -- it's still bright, but a little more grown up.
6) Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Mauvy Night - This shade is so perfect for Fall and looks extra gorgeous layered underneath the Buxom lipgloss I mentioned earlier... I put it in my makeup bag in hopes that I would use it more often; but so far, I've been much too obsessed with reds... I feel like Mauvy Night is the kid who's cool enough to get invited to the party, but not cool enough to be talked to at the party -- the party being my makeup bag... (does that even make sense?)
7) NARS Pure Matte Lipstick in Mascate - Favourite lipstick EVER (right now)! Again, I've yet to properly review this, so I'll save my squee-ing for then. If you're impatient, then go read Larie's review of it on Eye Heart It.
8) MAC Prep + Prime Lip - This stuff is amazeballs! It creates a barrier between my lips and the lipstick so my lips don't dry out and it makes lip products last so much better! For example, I wore this and Mascate together at a friend's birthday party and I didn't have to reapply -- even after dinner. I mean, obviously, there was some wear in the seam of the lips; but I found that I just needed to rub my lips together to distribute some more product into that area and I was good.
9) MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner in Fuchsia Fix - This is probably my most repurchased beauty product of all time. It keeps my lips hydrated, while adding a nice touch of colour.
The beautiful thing about my makeup bag right now is that it can also fit brushes! Which means I can always touch up my blush or powder away some shine whenever I need to...
1) Royal & Langnickel Master Pro Blush Brush - Despite it's fluffiness, this brush is actually shaped more flat than round, which is how I like my blush brushes most, I've discovered. It's sooo soft, too!
2) MAC Prep + Prime Transparent Finishing Powder/Pressed - Don't let the whiteness fool you, this stuff does not go on white at all! I love how it mattifies my skin and sets my makeup beautifully. I've used this on clients too -- it's pretty awesome!
3) MAC Mineralize Blush in Subtle Breeze - Another limited edition product, this time from the Naturally Collection (originally reviewed here). It's such a pretty shade and it goes well with a lot of lip colours I have in my makeup bag. It applies beautifully too, so no need to be super careful when applying. Which is awesome if you're pressed for time...
I don't always need to touch up my eyeliner throughout the day; but when I do,
1) Marcelle Waterproof Liquid DIP-PEN Eyeliner - I really like this formula! It's goes on easily and sticks around! I wouldn't quite call it waterproof, as it did cause some raccoon eye action when I went swimming. But it stays put on my oily lids even without a primer, and that's enough of a victory for me.
2) NYX Retractable Eye Liner in Gypsy Blue - This is such a great pop of colour and I love applying it on my lower lash line. It stays long, but it does smudge a bit after a while. It definitely stays put on the upper lash line, though.
This is probably one of my favourite purchases this year... The Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer (oil-free) provides fantastic coverage and all you have to do is smear it onto your face... Smear... What an awful word... All you have to do is apply it onto your face with your fingers. (Much better!)
It smells like SPF, unfortunately; but that scent definitely dissipates after some time. I love how this product just evens out my skintone beautifully. The fact that it's so easy to apply makes it even better. Lately, I've been using it after class when I've taken off all the hard work my classmates have put into my face. I literally just whack it on, apply a bit of blush, and I'm good to go. Such a great product!
And here we have: the randoms!
1) Jean Artaud Paris printed compact - I bought this compact in a cute little boutique on Granville Street many, many years ago and no one is more surprised than me that I a) have not lost it, and b) have not broken it after all these years. I love the vintage print and the fact that it's a sizeable mirror.
2) Bath & Body Works Fine Fragrance Mist in Cashmere Glow - This certainly does not fit in my makeup bag, but I thought I'd share it anyway because it's such an important piece in my purse. I sometimes feel gross after a long day's work, as I'm sure many of you do as well; but we don't all have time to go home before going out to meet up with friends. So having a lightweight bottle of fragrance to spritz yourself can be pretty important. Cashmere Glow has top notes of bergamot, golden peach, pink guava, exotic berries, and gilded apricot; has mid notes of glowing muguet petals, mimosa, fluffy peony, and fresh jasmine; and has dry notes of shimmering vanilla, dulce de leche, sandalwood, and cashmere musk. Don't let the silly note descriptions turn you off (I wasn't aware scents could shimmer or glow... And what does a gilded apricot smell like compared to a regular apricot?), this perfume smells lovely. The fact that it's such a lightweight bottle makes it so much more convenient to carry around, as well.
3) Vaseline - Good ol' Vaseline! Some of you may remember that I've been struggling with dry, flaky lips this year. I've tried numerous products and while they all worked marvelously when my lips were normal, nothing could get them to behave when they're acting up quite like Vaseline could. I've been slathering (again with the gross words!) this on every day and my lips have not been misbehaving... I can wear lipstick again! *victory lunge*
Hope you guys enjoyed this post! It's actually quite fun to pick through my makeup bag to see what products I like to have around with me... Sometimes you just dump things in the bag with no thought as to why you want it on your person. It's good to take an inventory sometimes. :)
What beauty item do you absolutely HAVE to have
in your makeup bag?